We had Friendship Circle at church last night and now, as I write this, I am boiling some of the biggest Red Beets ever seen by man. Tomorrow I will join the Red Beet making crew at church.
More things come out of the woodwork when you are home. I am farther behind in my laundry than normal, because more things come up in a day.
We take care of my mom, which at 92 she can get to be a handful. Most days everything is ok, but there are the days she starts hallucinating or telling the therapists that we are stealing from her or saying that I pushed her down, when in truth, she decided to go up the stairs on her butt and ended up on the floor in her room with no way to get up, so I picked her up.
My favorite hallucinations are about the house next door. For some reason she thinks it is for sale, and that people come by and look at the concrete and shake their head no. The fact that she cannot see anyone out her windows does not stop her from telling the stories though. I just humor her. I found arguing or correcting her does not work. The other day she thought she didn't know me again and just found out I was her daughter. I tired arguing but got nowhere. I get downstairs and Parke says to me, going down that rabbit hole again. I said yup; and he advised me just to agree.
Oh, and I hate cooking every day. I used to prepare my meals ahead of time on a Sunday, now I am home, so I prepare them at dinner time and let me tell you. I don't like it.
Well, that is enough complaints for now. I have to go fold some laundry.
and that's another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:
Post a Comment