Sunday, March 1, 2015

Momerisms by my Mother - only she can come up with these

At the Wacky Shack at Dorney - 1964
Today is my Mother's 81st Birthday.  My mom is Catherine Delores Temos Kline Heil.  Kate to some, Cathy to others and mama to me.

Now my mom is unique and her momerisms are not typical and that is to say the least.  She has trouble pronoucing some things.  Spaghetti becomes pissgehetti.  Soup is zoup.

My mom has been living with us for several years and I am still not use to her talking to me in the morning.  I was use to a lifetime of quiet in the morning, now I hear the latest gossip and headlines from the Morning Call.  The best is when she is telling me the story - it goes like this.

Mom and I at Christmas 1959

Mom:  You know that guy
Me:  What guy
Mom:  You know, on TV
Me:  Can't say so mom.
Mom:  Oh you know, I know you know.

Then there is General Hospital, Parke and I DVR it and watch it at supper, so when my mom joins us for supper we get the same thing EVERY time she watches it.

Mom:  You see that girl - she was on the Young and the Restless.
Mom:  You see him - he was on the Young and the Restless.
Mom:  On the Young and Restless he is married to that girl.

BUT now my absolute favorite, absolutely funniest thing she has ever said was last night when we came home from dinner, the annual Chinese Buffet for her birthday, she says..... are you ready for this.
My Son, Rob, Mom and Me

Mom:  Hey - did you see that Mr. Spark died - you know on that show, Spark, that spaceship show, he
was from another planet.

Me:  Yes mom, I see Mr. Spark died, and I am sure Captain Tirk and Lieutenant Hulu are sad

and that's another day in Catasauqua
 


No comments:

Post a Comment