Sunday, July 1, 2012

I did it for the Cause - Tattoos to the Rescue

My number was 47.  Number 47 for a Tattoo at Hard Core Ink located at 517 Front Street in Catasauqua.  A couple weeks ago I saw in the Catty Press that Hard Core Ink was doing a Benefit for Peaceable Kingdom and Last Chance Ranch today, July 1 and that they would have dozens of animal inspired tattoos available.  I mentioned it to Parke, but I don't think he believed that I really wanted one.

Parke got his tattoo at Hard Core Ink last year, and he was happy with it, so why not.  What else is there to do on a sweltering hot Sunday in July.  So I headed down around 2 ish, there was a 3 hour wait, but I could go home and they would call.  Johnny did my tattoo which is a heart inside of a paw.

This was not my first tattoo, I have another tattoo which was done at the request of one of my bff's Tammy who got tired of seeing my underwear every time I bent over in choir in the pew in front of her, so I got a tramp stamp of the moon and 7 stars.

Johnny did a great job on the paw print and everyone at Hard Core Ink were very nice and friendly.  I would recommend them to anyone.  It didn't hurt that much, but heck after experiencing labor pains, what really hurts?  

Since most of my pets have been either rescue pets from the shelters or homeless I feel a special place in my heart for places like Peaceable Kingdom.  Our illusive cat, simply called Attic Cat, came from FURR, unfortunately she has to be the most skittish cat I have ever seen.  She lives on the third floor in my craft/spare bedroom/sewing room.  There is a bed, a sofa and  a rocker.  Her and Tipper, our other cat spend alot of time up there even though they have the run of the house.  I only see Attic Cat on her way to the litter box or to eat.   We had tried to no avail to get her to come to us.  Occasionally she will get close, but you can't move, or twitch because she is off in a flash.  I've seen her walk all over Parke though, when he has been napping in his recliner.  Parke thinks she is trying to suck his soul, but I don't think so.

Tipper, Attic Cat and Digger are our fur babies right now, and I love them all.  A big thanks to the places that take care of the unwanted animals, special thanks to the people that adopt them and a big special thanks to Hard Core Ink and other business that support the cause; and that's ....another day in Catasauqua.

2 comments:

  1. nice story .tattoos designs to rescue .seems to be dialog of hollywood movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work, I read few posts on this internet site and I believe that your blog is really interesting and contains bands of wonderful info Moon & Star Tattoos.

    ReplyDelete