Thursday, June 21, 2012

What to do this weekend in Catasauqua

I was sitting here playing games on Facebook until my mine went numb and I thought, hey why not blog. I told someone today from Palmerton that I write this blog, but I was running out of things to say.   And even though I don't really have anything to say, that has never stopped me before.

I  thought maybe I would tell you what's coming up this weekend.  I will be volunteering at the North Catasauqua Small Town USA Community Yard Sale and Flea Market presented by the We Sing Chorus on Saturday, June 23 from 8 AM to 2 PM at the North Catasauqua Park.  I was there last year and there was sooooo much stuff to look at.  If you are a yard sailor check it out!  I also see that the Sixth Annual North Catasauqua Small Town USA Golf Tournament will be held Sunday, June 24 at Willowbrook Golf Course.  An 8:30 AM tee time is planned with a shotgun (wow) start, four person scramble competition (whatever that is I have no idea). 

In Catasauqua the band Common Bond (they are really good, I just heard them up at the North Catty Carnival) will be kicking off the Catasauqua Park Summer Concerts this Friday at 7 pm to 9:30 PM, it is free, bring your lawn chairs or sit on the three dips and bring your favorite refreshments (I don't think they mean the blue raspberry vodka that I am drinking while writing this, but hey you never know).

I would like to catch part of this concert and maybe I will, but I have, and I will blog about this later, a Court of Honor for A. J. Renn who will become an Eagle Scout on Saturday afternoon.  Very exciting.

Well you can see that there is a lot to do this weekend in Catasauqua, I hope to see you around, if you see me, say Hi (I really think I need to invest in those "Another day in Catasauqua" t-shirts).

and that is....another day in Catasauqua.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment