Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Singing in North Catasauqua TONIGHT!

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose, Nothin' don't mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free; and free it was tonight at the North Catasauqua Small Town USA Carnival (besides a $1.50 for a diet pepsi).  Yes people - I was reliving my childhood with bff, Cathy as we listen to The Large Flowerheads at the Carnival tonight.

The North Catasauqua Small Town USA Carnival began today at the North Catasauqua Park located at 701 Grove Street, Carnival opened at 6:00 pm and runs through to Saturday Night.  If you don't believe me go as Alice, when she's ten feet tall.

There's plenty to do, rides and game and great food to eat.  Cathy enjoyed a waffle ice cream sandwich, I think I might stop by tomorrow night and get a taco salad. 

Spent some quality time with with Jaime and Cathy's favorite son-in-law Rami, who is recovering from surgery on his cauliflower ear, get better quick Rami.  I never knew anyone with cauliflower ear before, I always saw it in the cartoons when I was kid.  But then it was like an actual cauliflower on the ear, so I am not sure what it really looks like and they told me not to google any images because it is gross. I didn't but I do have to say, what's new pussycat?

Any way - the entertainment for the rest of the week is as follows:

FREE Entertainment Nightly at the band stand!

Thur. 6/14 from 6:30-9:30pm- The Main Attraction band
Fri. 6/15 from 7:00-10:00pm- Midnight Special country band
Sat. 6/16 from 7:00-10:00pm- Common Bond

I see my red door and I want it painted black, no colors anymore I want them to turn black, but that is neither here nor there was it comes to the carnival.  No, I didn't have any magic mushrooms, but I did have a lot of fun.  So if you are in the area this weekend stop by, and remember I'm not your stepping stone.

Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings of the bluebird as she sings, the six o'clock alarm would never ring.
But it rings and I rise wipe the sleep out of my eyes, the shavin' razor's cold, and it stings

Cheer up, sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean......but another day in Catasauqua



2 comments:

  1. Good job Beverly, Yes North Caty is one of the finest little towns around. I had front row seats or as I found out this morning torture benches, my butt is so sore from sitting there all night. The music fantastic thanks to my good friends The Large Flowerheads, the food was good, roasted corn very good. And seeing old friends and making new. Bathrooms were a little small, I had to almost climb on the toilet to close the door. My seventies hippie clothes got a stare or two, but it's all part of the fun. Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there and thank you for your information – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again soon.
    Also see my website > hookah lounge in Orlando

    ReplyDelete