Monday, November 26, 2012

Tis' the Season

There was the laughter of children, some shrieks, screams and the occasional crying child with a father saying "that's it we're going home."  What can incite all these different responses?  Well, Santa of course, especially when Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive by firetruck for the annual lighting of the North Catasauqua Christmas Tree. 

I almost didn't go this year.  Most of the bff's I go with are sick and I didn't feel like going by myself even though I was going to be singing with "We Sing" North Catasauqua's Community Choir.  So I called one of my other bff's Shirley and went up with her.  Let's face it, I really go for the free hot chocolate and cookies, but the atmosphere is great.  I don't know where all the people come from. 

One of the highlights are all the Gingerbread Houses that you can judge, my personal favorite was the one the marshmallow wall. 

All in all it is a great way to start the Chrismas Season.  There is something about standing out on a really cold night singing Christmas Caroles and watching Santa light up the tree that warms the heart.

So, You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout, I'm telling you why....that's Another day in Catasauqua 


1 comment:

  1. Bev you do a great job of reporting fun loving interests Happy Holidays to all...

    ReplyDelete