Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day part 2

One of my most popular blogs since I started "Another Day in Catasauqua" is  St. Patrick's Day Trivia that I posted last year, it has almost 6000 hits - you can find it here:

 http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3960544181181866141#editor/target=post;postID=7197431007522557707

So while the corned beef brisket cooks on the stove and before I add my potatoes and cabbage I thought I share some Irish one-liners with you.  I had come across them when I was getting ready for my Friendship Circle earlier this month.

my favorite part of St. Patty's Day - The Shamrock Shake
Q: What is out on the lawn all summer and is Irish?
A: Paddy O'Furniture 
 
Q: What do you call a fake stone in Ireland?
A: A sham rock. 
 
Q: Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick's Day?
A: Regular rocks are too heavy. 
 
Q: Why can't you borrow money from a leprechaun?
A: Because they're always a little short. 
 
Q: How did the Irish Jig get started?
A: Too much to drink and not enough restrooms! 
 
Q: Why do leprechauns have pots o'gold?
A: They like to "go" first class! 
 
Q: How can you tell if an Irishman is having a good time?
A: He's Dublin over with laughter! 
 
Q: What would you get if you crossed Quasimodo with an Irish football player?
A: The Halfback of Notre Dame! 
 
Q: What would you get if you crossed Christmas with St. Patrick's Day?
A: St. O'Claus!
 
Q: Do leprechauns make good secretaries?
A: Sure, they're great at shorthand! 
 
Q: What do leprechauns love to barbetrcue?
A: Short ribs! 
 
Q: How did the leprechaun beat the Irishman to the pot of gold?
A: He took a shortcut! 
 
Q: When is an Irish Potato not an Irish Potato?
A: When it's a FRENCH fry! 
 
Well that's enough blarney for now,  Happy St. Patrick's Day and that's another day in Catasauqua.

1 comment: