Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday in the Park - OLD HOME WEEK - Catasauqua

What a beautiful day and what better place to spend it than at the Catasauqua Park!  Swimming is free for Catasauqua and North Catasauqua residents and darn I am tempted to go, but my schedule is packed for today.

After a morning at church, where I preached, well more like I did a Sunday School Lesson (now don't be impressed - I am
the last person on the list to fill in on Sundays); Parke and I had breakfast and then we decided to check out the Sunday in Park.  This is the continuing celebration of Old Home Week. 

Oh it was great - I love that the vendors are set up under the trees, much cooler to walk through than on the street.  I saw some of my favorite ladies - Eugenia Emert and Carol York Roach, plus many other crafters that I only get to see at the Muhlenberg Medical Festival or Musikfest. 

Oh speaking of music - there will be music in the park or shows all day.  I just happened to catch "The Gas House Dance House" Girls dancing.  Oh now I might have to just go check them out - I wonder if I a chubby girl with bad knees can dance like that.  Anyway - there is more entertainment coming, the Tavern Band and Common Bond are to perform.

There is a petting zoo, games for kids and so much more. 

I am making this short - but I might blog part 2 later. I have to run again. 

Now get out and PARTEE down at the Catasauqua Playground.....and that's another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment