Tuesday, September 29, 2026

It's True

 Yes, it's true, I am busier than when I worked.  But today just ruffles my feathers.  Wait, I don't have feathers, but if I did, they would indeed be ruffled.

One thing about retirement is that I get to sleep late.  No more setting the alarm for 6:15 AM, but this morning I had to set it for 7:00 AM so that I could meet a Verizon Technician at my church between the hours of 8:00 AM and never.  I say never because I sat there at Salem UCC, until 2:00 PM.  They had given me the time of 8:00 to 11:00 AM.  First at 12:00 Noon they tell me the Tech is running late.  Then at 2:00 PM I called multiple times fighting with the AI operator and finally after way to long I got a human.  He told me the tech was not in the area, so I reschedule for tomorrow morning meaning I have to get up at 7:00 AM again.  This time I am taking something to eat.  

Today I got hungry around lunchtime.  I found the bin where we keep left over snacks - everything was a little stale, so I settled for some Easter Candy.  I knew it was Easter because of the Kit Kat bunny.  Which, even though it said good to 11/26 - it was not.  

If they don't show up tomorrow, too bad, so sad, because I have appointments and commitments the rest of the week.  Who knew retirement would be so busy.

I will be making halu
pkies for the BASKET RAFFLE and FLEA MARKET at SALEM UCC on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. And if you are really feeling lucky you can go over to Holy Trinity who is also having a basket raffle.  

Watch for previews on our Facebook page.   Some great baskets and great deals at the flea market.

Well, I better go.  It's almost time to make dinner.

and that's ANOTHER DAY IN CATASAUQUA

No comments:

Post a Comment