Sunday, January 22, 2012

To everything there is a season

I use to say that God talked to me in the shower.  Maybe it's because it is the only place quiet enough for me to hear Him.  So, I just got out of the shower and wanted to share my ponderings.

I was pondering thoughts of life and eternal life.  On Friday I attended the funeral of a dear friend, Miriam.  I won't lie, it was hard one, and I cried and my heart ached.  Even though I knew that Miriam was now singing in the heavenly choir.  I knew she was now with her husband and her friends, that had gone on before,  but it was hard because I miss her so.  Today I received a call from my friend and co-worker, Barbara, and her mother is now very sick.  I am wondered what I would say to someone who ever asked me why?  Why does this have to happen.   Why suffering ? why death?

Well this morning was the first Sunday with our new Pastor, Pastor Michael Smith.  And he gave us homework of sorts, and that was to think what God meant to us and share it with someone.  What better place for me to share my faith but here with you, my readers.  All four of you.  Maybe five on good days.

Everything has a season.  Football has a season, and it will end soon with the Super Bowl.  Every sport has a season.  Our universe has a season, it had a beginning, and someday it will have end, although I think that is a long way off.  And sadly, our life has a season.  A beginning, as babies, helpless, but loved, taught along the way by many teachers that form our beliefs, our thinking, our very being.  I was lucky, I had a great Sunday School Teacher, Mrs. Horner, and I learned all about God and Jesus and how much He loved me and I formed a strong faith at a very young age.  So I know that like all good things, our life comes to an end.  That's why I am writing today.  To tell you that every day is a miracle, a gift.  Find the positive in at least one thing today and ever day.  See God in the sunshine or in a child's smile.  Feel God in the wind or a loved one's touch.  Life is precious and we should never waste a day of it.

Celebrate every day, not just the holidays or birthdays, but everyday, heck each day only comes once a year.  Talk to God, He listens and if you are really quiet He answers.  Maybe not in literal words, but in feelings, in your thoughts and in your heart. 

Share a smile with someone today.  Sit and listen to someone.  Help where you can. There are so many ways you can share the love inside you, you only have to open your eyes, ears and your heart to it. 

Love your family and tell them every chance you get, and say I love you to your friends, cause HEY you do, love them dontcha?   Kiss the dog and pet the cat. 

What I am trying to say is, we never know when our season is over, we usually don't get overtime or maybe we do, that's called a miracle. 

From Ecclesiastes 3 -

 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
 2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 6 a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

Well, it's now time for this blogger to go to bed, and with that....it's another day in Catasauqua.
PS  I love you
 

No comments:

Post a Comment