Sunday, June 14, 2015

Church in the Park

I am tired. But blissfully tired from a morning of Worship in the Park with Salem UCC, Catasauqua.  God blessed us with great weather two years in a row.  Today was again warm and breezy. Attendance was good the children sang like angels!  All year long we would try to get them to sing and on the Sundays that we were schedule to sing no one showed up or perhaps 2 did.  So today we had a great group and they sang a medley of their greatest hits.  You know, like Jesus Loves Me, This Little Light of Mine and The B I B L E.  Yes it was great to see and hear the children.

The nest with the birdie
I love Pastor Mike's Sermon in the Park. At church I usually just look at him during the sermon but today, I watched birds, and a few squirrels and marveled at the evergreen trees that were to my left.  I still listened to the sermon but there is something about the wind blowing, the sun shining and just seeing the nature around me that makes me feel so close to God.   There was a bird in a nest just to the left of where Pastor Mike was standing and when it popped up it made me smile.  One of God's creatures also taking in the sermon.

I think the birds sang twice as loud when everyone sang, I think they wanted to sing along.

A shout out to everyone who made it possible - bff, Tammy organizes the event but so many hands helped in the setting up and taking down that it went so smoothly.

It's hours later and I am beat - my legs just about want to give up.  But I am still smiling about singing Blessed Assurance, praying and listening to Worship in the Park today.  I hope more people will join us next year.

Oh - and let's not forget the FOOD - omg - really - hot dogs, barbeque, tons of salads, snack and DESSERTS.  Yes Megan I had your delicious peanut butter dessert and it was a little slice of peanut butter heaven.  As we said there is no such thing as too much peanut butter.

And then there was BINGO.  I called Bingo and bff, Cathy played a card for me.  I won a crossword puzzle book.  But you know what, I never got to call the number B4 - I know this because I wanted to say, if God B4 me - who could be against.

and that's .....another day in Catasauqua

No comments:

Post a Comment