Friday, June 19, 2015

Just me...complaining

I have decided to whine, complain and just get it off my chest.  Social media, while I love it as a way to keep in touch with my family and friends; and as a way to know what is happening locally and in the world, it can really be a pain sometimes.

There is an old wise saying that goes don't talk about religion and politics.  And while I don't see many fights or maybe avoid them on Facebook, I am tired of Obama bashing.  Really people - he has a little over 500 days left in office, aren't you over the fact yet that he was elected President - get over it.   We should be praying for our leaders and our government that has been elected by the us, the people.  So you didn't vote for him - ok - but he is President - respect him.

As far as I know, President Obama is not muslim, not the anti-christ, has not changed the Presidential Seal, does not want to re-write the National Anthem, his wedding right does not say "There is no other God but allah"  and everything else that I have read over the past few years on Facebook.  

Yesterday though, I was a upset by a persons post on the fact that they captured the 21 year old white man who was charged with the murder of nine people at a historic black South Carolina church,  and their response.  People screaming death penalty, and a few other dark things.    But, when I watch the news later that night I saw people coming together, white and black, holding hands and praying.

My first instinct was to pray for the families of those who died, and for the survivors, but we must also pray for the young man.  My first thought is always, I wonder if he went to Sunday School (That's the Sunday school teacher in me).  Mr. Roof listened to the dark voices in his head.   It's times like these that I see the Devil's influence, we can scream mental illness, racism or a dozen other reasons he did this.  But when it comes down to it, it is just pure evil and the only way to fight that is with good.   And God is so good.

The devil rejoiced at the shooting, but then was defeated - this time the masses did not riot, instead they joined hands and prayed.  And God knows, the devil hates that.  (Take note though - there is less media coverage of the prayer vigils that there was of the rioting in Baltimore and Ferguson)

So the next time you post on social media, think first.  Is it really want you want to say.  Is this how you want to identify yourself.

There are currently 16 persons running for President - instead of bashing them let's look at their politics and weigh sensibly who we will vote for.    You never know what people will believe - they might not vote for someone because they read on Facebook that they were born on another planet, and thus, are not eligible to be president of the United States.

Okay - I will let you bash one presidential hopeful - Donald Trump, LOL (you know....the devil made me say that) and with that I get off my soap box... and go back to Facebook to watch funny animal videos, to see what's up with my family and friends.....and that's another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment