Saturday, June 13, 2015

Lots to do in Catasauqua this weekend!

I just got back from the Iron Works Summer Blast.  It was hot but there was a really good crowd there; which I love seeing at an event it Catasauqua.

 There is a little of everything.  Food, music, beverages, and all kinds of entertainment.  My bff, Cathy and I didn't stay real long, but we saw lots friends and enjoyed a frozen lemonade.  It is exciting to see what Catasauqua might become.  It great to see that they are taking a site and using it the best way possible.  



There was Bike Demos from the Catty Woods bmx bike riders, games for the children, and even a Beer Garden - along with a real garden with a really cool water feature. 




Also, if you think you have what it takes to be a fire fighter, they had Junior Fireman obstacle course you could try out.  (Just a side note - Cathy and I did  not try this course)

There was also an interactived art mural that you can paint your thoughts on.


Besides musical entertainment you could catch the Burning Hearts Fire and Light Theater.

It if gets to hot down at the blast furnace you can head up to the North Catasauqua Park for their last night.  I was up there Thursday night enjoying the music of  the Large Flowerheads.  The North Catty Carnival is always a fun time.

Now - if you wake tomorrow and feel like going to church and perhaps a picnic - Salem UCC is having Church in the Park at 10 AM tomorrow followed by a picnic and games.  Please feel free to join us.

Well, I gotta go take a shower, my new fitness tracker tells me I just  walked 3526 steps and I am a little sweaty.

Don't forget - there is a lot of stuff to do in Catty - check it out - and that's ...another day in Catasauqua

No comments:

Post a Comment