Thursday, June 16, 2011

Carnival and Blues Jams



Music is in the air everywhere in Catasauqua this weekend. First the North Catasauqua small Town USA CARNIVAL, it started Wednesday and runs until Saturday, June 18th. Parke and I wandered up Wednesday night and there was a pretty good crowd. The rides look really neat, there is a couple I wouldn't mind going on and of course, there is food. I saw tacos, turkey barbeque, hot dogs, smoothies, ice cream....etc.


I personally like to go just to sit with friends, eat a little something and talk, which I did last night with my friend Shirley, we went and enjoyed the oldies music along with some funnel cake and pizza.


Also happening is the 6th Annual Lehigh River (why it's not near the river?) Blues Jam --June 17 through Sunday, June 19 (Father's Day for those who got 'em). The prices are as follows:


June 17, 2011 ($5 Fri. 6-10 pm)
June 18, 2011 ($10 Sat. 2-10 pm)
June 19, 2011 ($10 Sun. 1-7 pm)

I use to love to go to the Blues Jam because it is just a short walk for me, and sit on the hill and listen for awhile. But since everything is fenced in it lost some of its ambience, sometimes I go down and walk around for awhile. Having to pay and go inside the fenced area spoiled it for me, blues are cool and sitting out in the hot sun isn't cool.


Well, that's it for now, my grandpup goes home today, and my cats can come out of hiding. There is plenty to do this weekend in Catty, so maybe I will see you and with that it's.......another day in Catasauqua.


No comments:

Post a Comment