Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life is too short.......



I just received an email, I thought it was one of those chain emails that fill your inbox everyday. It was titled RE: FW Pink Heart (I hope I get one back), but it was from a man's name I never heard of. So I opened it and it read...



"Was going through my old emails trying to clear things out and ran across this email from Mom! I'm glad I sent one back to her when I had the chance."....Robert



And it was one of those emails....with babies smiling and wonderful words of encouragement. This time when I looked at the email I started to cry, for you see, it was orginally sent by his mom, Carole Browning, on February 10, 2011. It starts out.... 'Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

and it ends....Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right.. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

My friend, Carole departed this life suddenly on March 26, 2011.

I met Carole on the message board, Spiritual Space on Weight Watchers, we talked on the phone and corresponded through emails. I cherish a coffee cup that she sent me one Christmas. She touched my life and so many others, and with a email from her son, reminded us that life is really too short. Carole has touched my life again, when I really really needed it.



and that's another day in Catasauqua

1 comment:

  1. Love you. From your Huckleberry friend.

    ReplyDelete