Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back at Home - safe at last

Morning in Gettysburg
Back at home, safe at last is my favorite line from The Bernstein Bear's Spooky Old Tree.  Today was the day after the wedding and trip back home.  First after a very sparse breakfast, Parke and I get into the car to find out that the little man in the gps won't talk to us.  Terror strikes my heart.  If you know me well, you know these two things.  I have no sense of direction and I don't like to drive, but the little man in the gps telling me when to turn solved both problems, more or less. 

I didn't know what to do, I was on the verge of panic, but luckily we had a yahoo map with us - with the driving directions, however they where slightly different than the way we came.  But to my shock, I knew how to get to main street Gettysburg, from where I was.  Thankfully we were stuck in traffic on the way down and I would say - oh look, there is the moose lodge, or the American Legion and the - oh there is a seminary on Seminary Road. 

So except for the one wrong turn I took, it wasn't too bad getting home.  We stopped at Esther's for lunch and we were home by 3:00 pm.  We did go to North Catasauqua's Autumn Fest, which was really busy and hopping.  Can you believe this weather in October!  Great for the Wedding and the Fest!

Tonight I made a quick visit with my friend, Nancy to see another dear friend Miriam who is in the hospital.  Nancy called me from her bus trip, just before my trip to Gettysburg to tell me about Miriam, whew thank goodness for cell phones. You can get the word around fast - from where ever you are!

So tonight I go to take a shower and the water is out!!!! What the heck!  Well I understand there is a water main break at Covington and Walnut Streets, I just managed to take a shower a short while ago.  I hope the water stays on!!

Well, I guess it's time for this blogger to hit the sack, I didn't sleep to well last night in all that quiet.  That's why I never go camping.  Give me the sound of cars on Howertown Road to lull me to sleep, and that's another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment