Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Will Walk for Food

I'm in training.  I power walked with Parke a few days ago.  I call it power walking because to keep up with Parke I have to take 3 steps to his one, damn his long legs.  Then yesterday I walked 1.6 miles and then today 2.1 miles.  I am in  training for a 5K in Catty next Saturday which benefits the Catasauqua Food Bank.  The Bethany Church in Catasauqua is organizing it. (They are located at the former Grace Methodist Church on Walnut Street).  We all know what this economy is like and more people need the food bank and there is not enough food to go around.  A few of us from Salem UCC are going to walk - that's where we came up with..."Salem UCC - We will walk for food".

Let me give you a word of advice for walking 2.1 miles, don't wear jeans, they chafe.  I guess I better train in sweat pants.  But one thing I can tell you, Catty is beautiful in the Fall.  The mums, the decorations and pumpkins on the porch make for a colorful walk.

Speaking of Fall the Halloween Parade is tomorrow night, however they are calling for some heavy rain, in case that does happen, I believe the rain date is next Wednesday.  Personally, I hope it doesn't rain.  You'll be able to find me on the We Sing float, which will be in the 1st Division.  I love a parade! 

Well, that's all for now, I will have to take the camera on my next walk so I can take pictures of Autumn and  .....another day in Catasauqua!

1 comment:

  1. Joe and I have the same problem except I don't step it up so I frustrate him.....we don't walk too often together:(... Thanks for the training advice, don't want any chafing:).... Good luck on the walk...yvonne

    ReplyDelete