Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Do you remember singing for your candy?

Can you imagine,  if when trick or treaters came to your house on trick or treat night,   and you asked them for a song first, what may happen or worse yet, what they might sing.  I remember, growing up in Catty, that we had to sing halloween songs at some of houses or we wouldn't get treats. 

I was shy when I was very young, and usually trick or treated by myself which meant I would have to sing solo, and I mean so low that you couldn't hear it.  I am glad when people stopped asking for songs, I believe it all was a plot perpetrated by Mrs. Bittner, the then music teacher.  Ah, remember the autoharp.  Wow, you can't think about music class without thinking about the autoharp.  I use to love playing that thing.

Anyway, back to Halloween Songs, my favorite and only one I can recall was one my son sang when he was little.

Stirring and stirring and stirring my brew,
ewwwww  ewewww  ewwww  ewwwww
stirring and stirring and stirring my brew
ewwwww  ewwwww   ewwww  ewwwww


tick tock....tick tock.....tick tock.....






















Hope I didn't scare you........and that's another day in Catasauqua.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that song but I don't remember Mrs. Bittner as the music teacher....I don't even want to think about what some of the kids of today would do with that request...I was just thinking I was missing seeing your blog on a regular basis, are you working more hours? Good luck with the walk....yvonne

    ReplyDelete