Thursday, March 31, 2011

Batter Batter Swing





It's that time of year again when I start yelling batter batter swing for no apparent reason when I see the Phillies play baseball on TV and tomorrow is the big day! Yes, tomorrow is Opening Day for the Phillies, at 1:05 PM vs. the Astros. But, will opening day be played during a snowstorm? Probably not, Philly may see a mix of rain and snow at the end but odds for accumulating snow in the city are pretty low. So why I am writing about Philadelphia when my blog is about Catty -because there are some big Phillies fans in Catty - a shout out to the Boyers and to the Reiters two Phillie Phan Phamilies (ha, did you like the way I did that). Since my good friend Rami wanted a mention in my blog, here it is - Rami are you a fan? I hope so, because if not, you're surrounded by them.


So how are the Phillies going to do this year? There's been alot of hype about the pitchers, will there be a lot of no hitters, but on the other hand there are a lot of injuries, including Brian Bocock and Dominic Brown. I saw both of them play last year with the Iron Pigs, so maybe we will be seeing them again at Coca Cola Park.


I must say I am starting to learn more about baseball since the opening of Coca Cola Park, which is practically in Catty's back yard, plus watching Daily News Live Comcast SportsNet with "P" everynight helps. Of course, most of the time I am looking at the guy's ties, they really wear some nice ties.


I will blog about the Iron Pigs next week, I have tickets for Friday and Saturday nights. But for now, Go Phillies, batter batter swing.... and that's another day in Catasauqua.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shot out. I hope Rami likes his. Cannot wait for opening day. Love the fact that you look at the announcers ties. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phabulous Phrases about the Phillies.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I love some of those ties the guys wear!

    ReplyDelete