Saturday, May 7, 2011

Brown & White...Brown & White



I just got done reading the headline article of today's Morning Call entitled "Bleed--don't read--Orange and Black." Poor Northampton, it has to change all their streets signs by 2018 to a more acceptable color combination required by PennDot. One of the combinations that they can choose from is brown and white, but somehow I don't think that's gonna happen

I feel for Northampton, truly I do, there are alot of streets signs and I am sure it will be quite an expense. Personally I like the orange and black, I think you can read them easily. Plus when I am on a walk, I know I have gone to far and it's time to turn back.

This will be the 89th year for the Catasauqua/Northampton rivalry, a long running Thanksgiving Football Tradition. To this day, I cannot wear orange and black. If I attempt to I feel like some sort of traitor. I guess we do bleed brown and white and Northampton bleeds orange and black.

Being a Rough Rider does stick with you. I did a house settlement for Whitehalls own, Matt Millen many years ago, while he was still playing pro-football. He asked me where I went to school and I said, Catasauqua. He then ruffled my hair and said, "hey a Rough Rider." So I guess, once a Rough Rider, always a Rough Rider, and that's another day in Catasauqua.






2 comments:

  1. orange and black were my school colors, way out in So. Cal. Go Warriors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did Catasauqua choose brown and white? not exactly the most exciting choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete