Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Oh Say Can You See!!!!



Maybe you live in North Catasauqua, and last night you thought you heard a song in the air. Well, you were right. The North Catasauqua WE SING Community Chorus was practicing the Star Spangled Banner, out on the lawn at the North Catasauqua Municipal building. Now, you might ask why? Well, let me tell you. WE SING IS SINGING FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE IRON PIGS GAME!!!! Yes, this Friday, May 13 at 7:05 PM our voices will fill the air. Am I so excited, OH YEAH!!! I have sat almost everywhere at Coca Cola Stadium and I have even thrown out a ceremonial first pitch but this is different, this is our National Anthem!!! I can't wait and this blogger will fill you in on the experience this weekend. Also I am going to try to take pictures along the way, should be fun.

Also while I am talking about We Sing. We Sing is sponsoring a Community Yard Sale/Flea Market on Saturday, June 11, 8am to 2pm. It will be held at the North Catasauqua Playground and we need vendors, so if you are interested in having a spot you can call the North Catty Borough Hall at 610-264-1504 or email: northcatawesing@aol.com for further information.

Also this weekend I saw a sign that the Masonic Temple is having a Spaghetti Dinner Saturday, this might finally be my opportunity to finally get in and sneak around, I will be the one with a big floppy hat and sunglasses and a camera, no one will suspect anything.

and that's another day in Catasauqua.

2 comments:

  1. Every sporting event we attend, or watch on TV, we are hoping for a beautiful rendition of the anthem. We are dismayed when performers change it to suit themselves. I wish we were going to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said EstherBelle.....

    ReplyDelete