Thursday, September 15, 2011

So this is what 6:20 AM is like

As you may know, I have been on a partial layoff since February (this blog started in March when I ran out of stuff to clean).  We just got called back for 3 weeks, we can now work 4 days a week, at least for a little bit.

What I forgot about was, what it is like at 6:20 AM as compared to 8:00 AM, which for the past so many months I was rolling out of bed at.

At 6:20 AM - it is dark.  My mother talks to me endlessly (mostly about Dancing with the Stars and it hasn't even started yet) The dog wants to go for a walk. 

At 7:20 AM when I leave for work there is - so many school buses, school children and lots of traffic and Where do all the garbage trucks come from?

I guess I was spoiled.  This is day two of getting up at 6:20 AM and I am still not use to it.  Thanks to Wawa Pumpkin spice coffee I am more able to cope.

Speaking of pumpkin, this past weekend I was in search of a pumpkin muffin.  We decided to stop at Dunkin Donuts to see if they had any.  The man behind the counter was of Asian decent and he was so delightfully funny.  He says to me "Punkin why all people want punkin, everybody come in and want punkin muffin?"  I said to him it's the season for pumpkin, I then asked for an ice coffee, he replies "You want punkin coffee?  We got punkin coffee, we got punkin everything, everyone want punkin!"  He was so nice, funny and just a joy to talk to he would of brightened any day with or without the pumpkin muffin.

This weekend there seems to be alot of events in Catty to check out, one is at SALEM UCC  - we are having a flea market from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, we will have food, lots of good stuff cheap, a bake sale and silent auction.  Check it out if you are in the neighborhood, because that's ......another day in Catasauqua.


No comments:

Post a Comment