Sunday, September 11, 2011

There was a Full House in Catasauqua Tonight


The full house was at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, located on Howertown Road in Catasauqua.  St. Paul's graciously invited the town to a Service of Remembrance in honor of 9/11. 

I decided not to sing in the joint choir, but to instead sit in the congregation with my bff, Cathy.  We were later joined by Pastor Robert "Bob" Lewis, our Interim Pastor at Salem UCC.  We found out later that we had each chosen a different color to wear tonight, I was wearing red, Pastor Bob wore white and Cathy, wore blue.  We were patriotic with out even trying.

The service was wonderful, first there was a candlelight procession.  Down the aisle first was her Honor the Mayor, Barbara Schlegel.  I got a little choked up when I saw Police, EMS, and the Fire Department individuals come down the aisle with candles held high.  And how can you not get a misty eyed when American Legion Post #215 comes in with the American Flag.

The songs were appropriate and one of my favorites was included, "Make me a Channel of your Peace" which I told Cathy, I want sung at my funeral someday. 

Make me a channel of your peace.  Where there is hatred let me bring your love. Where there is injury your pardon Lord.  And where there's doubt, true faith in you.

If we all could just be peacemakers, wouldn't it be such a wonderful world.

Oh, I must mention Elizabeth Knecht, who has a wonderful voice!  She sang two solos and also did a Liturgical dance while the Community Choir sang Let There be Peace on Earth.  AND HEY COMMUNITY CHOIR you did wonderful!!!  What a good turn out of choir members from the Catasauqua area churches!

It was to Fellowship Hall afterwards for some delicious cookies.  When I was done, Pastor Bob leaned over and said, "You know what this is don't you.......another day in Catasauqua!"






No comments:

Post a Comment