Monday, December 19, 2011

Cookies, Cookies and more Cookies

I love to make cookies at Christmas.  It's practically a winter hobby.  Everyone has their favorites.  Parke loves my Chocolate Chips.  A few of my friends from Church and I love the famous "Better than Sex Cookies" which are white chocolate macadamia nut.  Missy, my daughter-in-law's sister likes chocolate with peanut butter chips. 

I just got done making up my own recipe for a new cookie.  This was something my Grandmother did a lot, but it's a first for me.  I haven't named the cookie yet, but it is a chocolate cookie with chocolate chips and then I dipped them in chocolate!  I haven't tasted them yet, they are cooling, so I don't even know if they are worthy of naming yet.  But if they are I  will have to remember to write the recipe down.

So here's what I made tons of Chocolate Chip cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies, Shortbreads, 2 different kinds of roll outs -  WAIT -SIDE NOTE - I just ate the chocolate chocolate cookie (before dipping it into the extra chocolate), OMG - its good - Parke says it doesn't even need the extra chocolate - but I said I wanted to make this one an event - not just a cookie.  Later I will try the cookie with the extra chocolate.

Any way where was I - oh yes, Peppermint Crunch cookies, Sugar Cookies. the Better than Sex Cookies, Chocolate with Peanut Butter Chips, Snickerdoodles,  and Forgotten Cookies. 

Well - time for me to finish up, and then to start packing up cookies for gifts.  If you are on my list, you'll be getting some, and if not......that's another day in Catasauqua

1 comment: