Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's about Christmas

As I was sucked into Hallmark Movie Channel land last night, it got me thinking about Christmas Movies and televisions specials.  I love Christmas movies and I have been watching my share.  I have a TV on the third floor, so whenever I go up there to wrap presents I turn on Hallmark, Lifetime or ABCFamily.  I got all my wrapping finally done to "Annie Claus is Coming to Town" (loved it).  I also loved "Christmas Magic".

But let's not forget those kids shows, Prep and Landing is my new favorite. 

Now, let's take a moment to remember some holiday fun from the past.

1964 - Santa Claus Conquers the Martians -  1989 - Prancer (which ABC Family still shows) -  1961-Babes in Toyland (With Annette Funicello)  -  1977  Fat Albert's Christmas Special -  1978 - Twas the Night Before Christmas (from Rankin/Bass - its where the clock doesn't work) -  1977 - Bing Crosby's 42nd Annual Christmas Special (the one with David Bowie)  - 1977 - A Flintstone's Christmas - 1954 - White Christmas (MY FAVORITE and the best was seeing up at the Roxy in Northampton a couple of years ago on the big screen) 1979 - John Denver and the Muppets:  A Christmas Together  - 1962 - Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol (gosh I loved that one) - 1970 - Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Fred Astaire tells the story - we have the Burgermeister and the Winter Warlock in this one)  1988 Scrooged (with Bill Murray - I love this one to - I haven't caught it this year yet) - 1969 - Frosty the Snowman -  1962 Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (both Frosty and Rudolph still shown today)  1966 - How the Grinch stole Christmas - and the best 1965 - A Charlie Brown Christmas. 

It's hard to believe that Frosty, Charlie, Rudy, and the Grinch are all over 40 years old. 

And let's not forget those Mc Donald's commericals that featured Ronald that always made us cry. <heavy sigh>

Well, I guess that's enough memories for now, but like Frosty "I'll be back again someday".....and that's another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment