Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A delightful surprise at the North Catasauqua Playground

I was sitting out reading when Parke came out and said he was taking a walk to the golf course and back.  I asked to join him and off we went.  When I got past the Blue Monkey I heard some music and singing,  I said to Parke that maybe it's Concert in the Park night, so on our way back we walked on over to the North Catasauqua Playground and to my delight it was.  Tonight was Sing for America.

Sing for America is comprised of 5 siblings who have performed together for over seven years, they are from 14 to 21 years old.

Tonight when we walked up it reminded me of  Disney Singers.  In fact, when one of them sang the theme from Anastasia,  she sounded just like a Disney Princess.

I was surprised at their song choices.  A couple of Rosemary Clooney songs, Etta James, Bette Midler's rendition of Going to the Chapel, songs from Casablanca (here's looking at you kid) and a very funny rendition of Sisters, from White Christmas, complete with the boys doing the Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye parts.

They ended appropriately with Patriotic songs (I will now be hearing Semper paratus is our guide in my sleep again) since there mission is to support local military families through the donations they raise.  And yes, I teared up.   I tried to sing Battle Hymn of the Republic with them but I was turning  into a blubbering fool.

Thank you North Catty and Thank you Sing for America for a wonderful Wednesday night.

Who knew such a hot day could end is such cool way, but that's....another day in Catasauqua


http://www.singforamerica.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment