Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What I did on my summer vacation, part 2

Some mornings you wake up in Catasauqua and it's quiet.  That's how this morning was, I thought, oh yes, my perfect morning.  You see, since my mom moved in she is up before me and therefore the golden rule of  not talking to me before my coffee is usually shattered with riveting news like "Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are getting a divorce" and then her ten minute commentary on the subject.  Hint - she doesn't like J-Lo.

So when I got up to a quiet house this morning I thought wonderful, I can read the paper and meditate before a long afternoon of things I must do.  Of course, it didn't happen quite like that.

But, since today was a day off and in my series of what am I doing on my summer vacation (really I  am laid off part time but hey I can call it what I want)  here is my second entry.  Today I spent the day in air condition comfort reading a book .....at the hospital.  Hey, what can I say,   Parke had a test today (I did asked him if he studied. which he must of cause he passed), and a doctor visit with his cardiologist.  I wanted to go along because there was talk of Parke needing a pacemaker/defibrillator, which he had put off, which turns out to be a good thing because he is doing a little better!   Good news is always a good thing.

And speaking of vacations, I did pass palm trees, YES palm trees, check them out they are on Schadt Avenue after you pass over MacArthur Road in Whitehall.   They have been planting palm trees at this one house year after year.  They were only perhaps 1 to 3 feet tall at the most and they would die out every winter.  Now they planted 3 palm trees and they are at least 9 feet tall, OMG check them out.  Maybe they are not real, I don't know, this was the first time that I saw them.

Very few palm tree varieties survive northern winters, but Needle palms, Dwarf Palmetto Palms and the Windmill Palm trees are the only documented survivors of below zero temperatures. Who knew! 

Well, that was my day off in Catasauqua, ok, so maybe it wasn't the best of days, but it certainly wasn't the worst.  And that's.....another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment