Thursday, July 14, 2011

What I did on my summer vacation...

No, this is not the Catty pool, but I wish it was
It dawned on me this weekend that I use to wish that I had days off in the summer and now I had them, but I was basically not doing anything with them.  Some days, I write this blog on my day off, or do research for  the articles.  But being off so long is starting to be like when I was a kid on summer vacation, I am starting to get bored.

I don't have the money to go places and do the things that I would like to do or use to do when I was working full time and took vacation days.  So I thought on Tuesday, what can I do to make me feel like, hey ! a day off in the summer.  So I went to the Catty Pool.  Pool prices are kind of ouchy.  $6.00 for resident. But it was a very hot day, the pool wasn't too crowded and the water was nice; so I guess it was worth it.

I got there at 2:00 PM, so I didn't get one of the lounge chairs, but that was okay.  I sat where I use to when I was a kid, and I read.  It was a good day, no one pooped in the pool and  now, I am almost done with the book I am reading.

The pool is not the same as when I was kid.  I miss the deep water.  I know this is probably a lot safer but there is something about not touching the bottom of the pool that I miss. 

I am going to have to try to find more things we can do that are cheap or free so that I can say, this is what I did on my summer vacation.

In the meantime this is just....another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment