Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring, Catasauqua is......wet

Tonight,  since dinner, I was contemplating watering the garden.  Should I or shouldn't I?  Was it going to rain, or was it not going to rain.  I checked the radar on the weather channel and it didn't look like we were going to get rain, but it was cloudy.  So I did the most natural thing to do, I procrastinated.   But this time it paid off, it rained and it poured and for the first time in a long time, I sat out and watched it.

What did you do when you were a kid when we had rain like this, where the streets all got flooded.  Did you splash, did your frolick?  This would of been the perfect frolick in the rain kinda of day when I was a kid, because I use to spend every day at the Catty Pool when I was a child, so I lived in my bathing suit.   I would of probably still had my suit on and would of ran out in the rain since I lived at the corner of 2nd and Mulberry and all the water would run down Mulberry. 

As I  watched the water swell on Howertown Road, the urge to frockling was getting stronger with each passing rain drop.  But how does one frockling on Howertown without anyone calling the police that a crazy lady is splashing in the street.  So, I discreetly wiggled my toes in a puddle instead.  Do you know how it felt....it felt good.  It was cool and wet and for a moment I felt like a kid again. 

And that's .....another day in Catasauqua

1 comment:

  1. ok. I just need to know, is frockling fun? Love the blog. I also would play outside in the rain. My kids did too. Your huckleberry friend.

    ReplyDelete