Monday, November 21, 2011

Catasauqua Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service

Tonight I ran into a friend of mine from school, and reader of my blog, Yvonne, which reminded me to blog tonight about something we both attended this evening and that was the Catasauqua Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service at The Presbyterian Church of Catasauqua.  I sang with the joint choirs tonight and we sounded good! Even if I must say so myself.  The music was fantastic and the singing of the Lehigh Valley Christian High School Chorus was refreshing. 

Rev. Walbert from St. Paul's gave an inspiring sermon and I was happy to see our interim minister from Salem UCC, Pastor Robert Lewis and our soon to be minister, Pastor Michael "the Voice" Smith both participating tonight.  However, I am not sure how to take Rev. Walbert warning Pastor Mike about me, especially since I don't go to St. Paul's.   Really all those rumors about me, not true. 

Anyway back to the service.  It was wonderful and it reminded me really of what Thanksgiving is all about - giving thanks!!!!

This was in the bulletin:  As the pioneers of the Plymouth colony gathered around the feasting table with Native Americans in 1621 to give thanks for all that they had been given by our Bountiful Provider, so we too gather to offer thanks for all those gifts which the Lord has seen fit to give us. Especially for our country, our state and our town.

Yes, I am thankful for much this Thanksgiving, even if times are a little tougher and as Rev. Walbert said in his sermon, it's easy to whine about these tough times, there is so much still to be thankful for.  So dear readers, I am thankful for you, a roof over my head,  and the waffles I had for dinner.  I am thankful for the Ministers of Catasauqua, the people who participated tonight and the people who came for the service.  I am thankful for the little things like a cup of joe in the morning and a Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie at night (yeah it doesn't take much to make me happy). 

And yes, I am thankful for my town....... and that's another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment