Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Walking in a Fog in Catasauqua - This is just a Test

Literally and figuratively I was walking in a fog this morning.  There was both a fog on the ground and a fog in my head.  First I have to say as soon as I see a foggy morning I think of the Carol Burnett skit from many years ago where she does a fog horn saying Oh Pat.  Still makes me chuckle after all these years.

Walking in a fog is a lot easier than driving, but as I got to the golf course there were a lot of cars.  Do they play golf in the fog?

Golf Course - are they really playing today?
Kudos to North Catasauqua!  On my walk this morning I was watching them put new flags on the telephone poles - Veterans Day is this Friday! 

In news for today - Today will mark the FIRST-EVER Nationwide Test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  It will happen at 2:00 PM EST. 

The Emergency Broadcast System which has Cold War roots enables the president to address the American public within 10 minutes from any location at any time. 

The test will be brief -- 30 seconds from start to finish.

In the event of a real emergency, the test would originate from wherever the president is. For test purposes, it will originate from a FEMA operations center. The president will not be involved and will not speak.

And remember this is a test.  This is only a test.  And this is ....another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment