Sunday, November 6, 2011

The leaves are falling like rain

This morning I took a walk.  I guess that changing of the clocks didn't work on my internal clock, I was up an hour early so I decided to take a walk instead of lying there trying to fall back to sleep.   First I took Digger, we do a quick trip around the block.  He has a kind of Doggie Dementia that hits in the winter, so I like to do the same walk each day.  When we got to my driveway it looked like it was raining....leaves.  My neighbor's locust tree just continually dropped leaves.  I never saw it do before.  Here is my theory.  Two weeks ago all the trees were green, they were just barely turning colors and then SHAZAM they all got hit with snow, breaking branches and wrecking havoc on the poor trees.  They thought - whoa - we got to loose these leaves quick before that happens again, therefore, the trees have turned bright colors practically overnight and they are dropping their leaves like falling rain.
my friend, Tammy mapping out the route

Well, that's my theory, and speaking of my neighbor's tree, when I came home later today I noticed that most of the leaves fell off the tree today.  Crazy.

And speaking of crazy, I did the 5K Walk yesterday for the Catasauqua Food Bank.  I made it with no problems.   While waiting,  everyone was worrying that they weren't dressed warm enough and here I was thinking I hope I didn't dress to warm, because when I start walking I warm up pretty darn fast.  Special THANKS to Parke, who joined me at around the one mile mark and finished the walk with me.  He was my Simon of Cyrene of sorts.  I was asked to carry one of the signs (which I really didn't want to do) and when he joined me - he carried it for me.  What a great guy.  My friend Tammy ran with her sister-in-law, wish I could run, maybe one day.  When you run you don't really have to have any conversation with people.  It's not that I am anti-social, it's just that I am trying to breathe and I can't seem to do both at the same time.

Kudos to the Bethany Church of Catasauqua for raising money for the Catasauqua Food Bank!  Times are tough, I know, and their are many people that need the help of the Catasauqua Food Bank, so please support them when you can.

Well, I guess that's it for now....and this has been.......another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment