Thursday, November 17, 2011

Catasauqua's new book and my Monkey Ghost.

My mother bought me Martha Capwell Fox's new book "Catasauqua and North Catasauqua Revisited".  I am really enjoying it especially since it has pictures of some people that I know or knew when they were still with us. 

The first people from the past that I saw were Grace and Ernie Hilficker.   I can't go a Sunday without thinking about Ernie.  There is a certain benediction and there was one line that the tenors sang and to this day I can still hear Ernie at that line.  Even though they are both gone they are not forgotten.   There are also people that I still see regularly in the book, so I am wondering whether I should start getting their autographs.  That might be fun.

I must say, that I really am enjoying this book.

The other night one of my friends, Nancy Balliet, showed me something in the book that I entirely missed.  MY HOUSE.  Yeah, can you believe it!  There is a picture of my house in the book and it reads "The Mark House at 703-705 Howertown Road, still stands on the corner of Walnut Street and retains the original porches.  The girl on the left appears to be holding a monkey."  A MONKEY, that explains all the crazy things in this house, I betcha we had Monkey Ghost. 

When we first moved into the house there were a lot of unexplainable things, things that went bump in the night, a shadow seen out of the corner of your eye.  Lights going off and on.  A few years ago most of it stopped after we did a "house cleansing" given to me by my Reiki Teacher at the time.  But now we know who to blame.  Monkey Ghost.

and that's another day in Catasauqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment