Friday, April 22, 2011

A Light that Shines over Catasauqua



Tonight I attended my church's Good Friday Tanebrae Service. The Pastor read the scriptures of Jesus's betrayal and crucifixion while the lights were down low, we left in silence. When I got to the car I decided to go to Giant to pick up some Strawberries for Easter breakfast at Church and for an angelfood cake that I am having at home. I also grabbed a Cadbury Egg.

Still rather pensive I went into Giant and finished shopping quietly. As I drove back home I was still thinking about the scriptures. As I approached the Pine Street Bridge I looked over Catty, the Presbyterian's steeple shining, a welcome home. Then I saw it - to my left, a big, really big illuminated cross, hanging from the crane over at Witt's. A bright beacon on a dark night, that reminded me of what comes next, Easter and Jesus's joyful ressurrection.

I was instantly cheered, it is nice to know that there is a light in the darkness. A home to come to, friends to be with and family. Whatever you celebrate this season, whether its Passover, Easter or just Spring and Peter Cottontail celebrate it with the light of the sun or the light of the Son. Catasauqua has lots of churches so if you find yourself in need of a little inspiration this Sunday, I am sure that any of the congregations would welcome you.

In the meantime I have a cadbury egg to eat and that's ....another day in Catasauqua.






1 comment:

  1. Great blog. I was wondering if Len Witt was going to put something up for Easter. Cathy

    ReplyDelete