Thursday, April 7, 2011

Weekend Update


Well, the weekend is almost upon us, so I thought I give you an update of what you can do in and around Catasauqua this weekend.


As I reported before there are Lenten Fish Dinners at Holy Trinity Orthodox Church and St. Andrews Roman Catholic Slovak Church. Plus, I think I saw a sign at St. Mary's Catholic Church, that they were also having a Fish Dinner, all this Friday. (So if Catty smells fishy on Friday, you will know why!)


Saturday morning is the Spring Craft Fair at Salem UCC (Special shout out of thanks to Gracie for coming). Saturday afternoon is the Ham and Dandelion Dinner at the Masonic Temple.


Sunday the North Catasauqua Fire Dept. will be hosting their Annual Spring Longaberger Bingo at 1:oopm at the Catasauqua American Legion, 330 Second Street, Catasauqua. Contact Susan Himer at 610-264-4334 or NCFC at 610-266-1969 for tickets. I went last year, had alot of fun. If Bingo is your game, but Longaberger is not, Bingo will also be held at St. Mary's Parish Center, 2nd and Union Streets, Sunday, April 10 starting at 1:00 pm. The kitchen will open at 11:30 AM you can call 610-264-0332 for more information.


Also Thursday was a special night in the Valley- it was opening night at Coca Cola Park! And my mother reported to me this morning that the Iron Pigs won! I have tickets for both Friday Night and Saturday Night! Saturday Night the Phillie Phanatic will be there, sounds like a lot of fun. There also games Sunday afternoon, Monday night and Tuesday Morning.


With all this please don't tell me you have nothing to do. And if you don't hear from me over the weekend don't worry, I will just be too tired to write.


......and that's another day in Catasauqua.

1 comment:

  1. thanks Bev....you are the best.!! you are welcome...great blog!...g

    ReplyDelete